Many of the famous actors that we see on the big screen have started their careers in the TV industry to the film industry. It is the small screen that gave us many talented and popular actors who went on to make a name for themselves in the film industry. They have worked hard to become famous and successful and it is the mark of their labour and hard work that they have fulfilled their dreams. Here are 5 TV celebs who later made big in the Bollywood industry:
1) Shah Rukh Khan – Shah Rukh Khan is a household name today and he struggled a lot to reach this point. He started his acting career in 1989 with TV shows such as Fauji and Circus which were aired on Doordarshan back then.
2) Sushant Singh Rajput – The late actor Sushant Singh Rajput started his journey from TV before making his big Bollywood Debut. He was best known for his role in Zee TV’s Pavitra Rishta.
3) Vidya Balan – The actress acted as Radhika Mathur in the iconic TV show, Hum Paanch before she made her Bollywood debut with Parineeta.
4) Mandira Bedi – Before she made her Bollywood debut with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge in 1995, the actress acted in the iconic TV serial, Shanti. She starred in many TV shows like Aahat, Ghar Jamai, CID, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.
5) Ayushmann Khurrana – The actor was an RJ with BIG FM, Delhi and auditioned for MTV Roadies Season 2 before he made it big with Vicky Donor in 2012. He also acted in TV serials like Kayamath and Ek Thi Rajkumari and appeared in TV shows like India’s Best and Channel V Popstars.
Also Read | 7 Bollywood actresses who stopped acting after their marriage
At FreshTalk, we aim to provide our readers with the Latest Bollywood News in India. That’s how the brand was born. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for regular updates.