It is common for actresses nowadays to continue working even after marriage. They do not see marriage to be detrimental to their careers in any way. However, there have been many famous and successful actresses who said goodbye to acting after marriage. They left behind their acting career to focus on the next chapter of their life which would consist of marriage, kids, family etc. Here are 7 Bollywood actresses who stopped acting after marriage:
1) Babita – She acted in only 19 films before she left her acting career. The Kapoor clan were against the idea of her working in Bollywood after the marriage. She was 23 years old when she married Randhir Kapoor.
2) Twinkle Khanna – She could not make her mark as an actress in Bollywood. Her last film was Love Ke Liye Kuchh Bhi Karega. In 2001, she married Akshay Kumar and left the film industry. She is now a successful interior designer, a columnist and a famous author.
3) Neetu Singh – She started her career as a child artist and went on to work in many Bollywood films as a lead actress. She was only 14 years old when she started dating Rishi Kapoor she married him at the young age of 21. She retired from the film industry after her marriage as she wanted to devote all her life to her family.
4) Meenakshi Sheshadri – She was gorgeous and an incredible actress. Her last film was Rajkumar Santoshi’s Ghatak. She married Harish Mysore and left the acting world forever. She now lives in the USA with her husband and two kids.
5) Mandakini – This actress got famous due to landing roles in films like Ram Teri Ganga Maili and Aakhri Baazi. Even though a couple of her films were released after her marriage in 1990, she quit acting after her marriage.
6) Sonali Bendre – She has worked in hit films and with all three Khans of Bollywood. She left the acting world after tying the knot with Goldie Behl in 2002.
7) Gayatri Joshi – She was never seen on the silver screen again after she starred in Swades opposite Shah Rukh Khan. She got married to Vikas Oberoi and quit acting.