Goa’s Home quarantine stamp ink causes peeling of the skin and severe burns

The ink used at Patradevi checkpoint in Goa had to be replaced because it caused skin burns and allergic reaction to the skin.

- Advertisement -

At the checkpoints, two inks were used on passengers- one declaring the date and the other sending them to quarantine.

The quarantine stamp was the one causing burns and allergy to the skin.

Prajyot Lawande, a resident of Goa, tweeted two photographs showing a wound due to the ink. “The inward stamp applied at Patradevi checkpost has caused a severe allergic reaction to our hands, with the skin itching, puffing and eventually peeling off overnight…”.

On Thursday, officials confirmed the Health Department at the border have the ink changed.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest article