After Uttar Pradesh, Delhi becomes the second state to seal 20 hotspots with immediate
effect. 5 More Coronavirus hotspots have been sealed in Delhi on friday as the number of cases of Covid -19 have shown increment. The state health department confirmed 183 cases on April10, adding to the already existing cases in Delhi of over 900.
In order to control the situation, 30 more hotspots have been sealed in delhi by the
authorities. Initially 20 hotspots were highlighted by the state government after which areas like Sadar Bazar and Bengali market were also sealed contributing to the list of 30 .
The Bengali market was added after 3 fresh cases of covid-19 emerged on wednesday.
The 4 new zones , Sadar bazar, b1 and b2 blocks in Paschim Vihar,Shastri market in JJ
colony,Nizamuddin Dargah and Basti came to the list on thursday.
Areas like Gali number 18 and 22 of Zakir nagar and the nearby areas have been marked as Buffer zone, E pocket of GTB enclave,blocks in Seemapur area and chandni mahal in the central district have also been declared as hotspots.
The prime minister of India, Narendra modi , stated during one of his messages to the
citizens , that the lockdown will not happen in one go. It will be extended if the cases do not reduce their numbers.
“No person will be allowed to enter these localities or leave them” says the deputy chief
minister,Sisodia.the government has ensured to deliver essential items to people but not
permitted them to step out of the house. Helplines have been generated to provide services to everyone.
Chief minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal in his video to the public,addressed to present a
report for the status of measures taken to control the epidemic of covid-19 and also
emphasized on usage of masks that help in preventing the spread of virus as well as had
announced Operation SHIELD to fight against the deadly virus.
Arvind Kejriwal insisted on the practice of social distancing and maintaining 6 feets of space between two people when outside the house.
SHIELD stands for sealing, home quarantine, isolation and tracing,essential supply, local
sanitation and door- to-door check. This will be implemented across all contaminated zones and hotspots.
The places that have been declared hotspots are:
● Entire affected street near gandhi park, Malviya Nagar
● Entire affected street of gali no. 6 ,L1 Sangam vihar
● Shahjahanabad society, plot no.1,sector 11, Dwarka
● Dinpur Village
● Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
● Nizamuddin west (G and D blocks)
● B block jahangirpuri
● H. no. 141- h. No. 180, gali no. 14 , Kalyanpuri
● Mansara apartment, Vasundhara Enclave
● 3 galis of khichirpur along with gali containing house no. 5/387
● Gali no. 9, pandav nagar
● Vardhaman apartments, mayur vihar, phase 1 extension
● Mayurdhwaj apartments,IP extension,patparganj
● Gali no. 4 from h.no. j-3/115 nagar dairy to house no.j-3/108 toward Anar wali Masjid
● Gali no. 4 from h.no.j-3/101 to j-3/107, kishan kunj extension
● Gali no. 5 west vinod nagar, a block
● F 70-90 block , Dilshad colony
J,K,L ,H pockets Dilshad garden
● Pratap khand.jhilmil colony
● B ½ block in paschim vihar
● G,h and j block, old seemapuri
● Shastri market, JJ colony
● Nizamuddin market
● Nizamuddin basti
The government of Delhi had already made clear announcements to extend the lockdown if the Covid-19 cases increase in the time being.
The cases are expected to rise in India as the testing for Covid -19 patients increases.
Till friday the cases have reached 903 and two more deaths have taken the count to 14