The next logical step for a Bollywood actor or actress is to become a producer once they reach a certain degree of popularity. Being a successful actor in the business means that you are receiving offers from the best production companies and directors and that major brands are lining up to sign you to endorse their goods. The celebrities might demand exorbitant fees for minor advertisements and backdoor percentages of the box office take from their films. But not all succeed. Here is the list of failed producers.
1. Amitabh Bachchan: The renowned actor established his production firm in the 1990s. At the start of the new century, the business fell insolvent and was eventually shut down.
2. Suneil Shetty: He created Popcorn Entertainment Ltd. as his production company in the early 2000s and made a few films. However, it was a failure, and it was quickly shut down.
3. Ameesha Patel: In 2011, she launched her production firm, Ameesha Patel Productions, and even hosted a lavish party. However, the business was eventually shut down because none of the ideas were successful.
4. Rajpal Yadav: The actor founded Shree Naurang Godavari Entertainment Ltd. to create his movie Ata Pata Lapata, which was bombed at the box office and led to the company’s closure.
5. SRK and Juhi Chawla founded the production company Dreamz Unlimited, which turned out a few films that were commercial failures. It was closed down and afterwards reopened as Red Chillies Entertainment Ltd. by SRK.