If there is a debate on nepotism in Bollywood, it is very likely that Karan Johar’s name will be present. Kangana Ranaut called him the “Flagbearer of nepotism’ and he himself has admitted to it. During the latest episode of Koffee With Karan S7 which was attended by Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor, Karan claimed that he may have launched the star kids but it was the audience who was responsible for making them famous. Here are 7 Star Kids launched by Producer Karan Johar:
1) Alia Bhatt – The actress made her Bollywood debut with ‘Student of The Year in 2012 along with Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra. She received positive reviews for her first film from the audience and critics alike.
2) Ananya Panday – The actress made her Bollywood debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student Of The Year 2’ along with debutant Tara Sutaria and Tiger Shroff. She received positive reviews for her performance in the movie.
3) Janhvi Kapoor – Janhvi Kapoor was launched by Karan Johar in the official Hindi remake of the superhit Marathi film Sairat. The film was named Dhadak and she starred in it along with Ishaan Khatter. They received appreciation for their onscreen chemistry and spectacular performance.
4) Varun Dhawan – After working as an assistant director with Karan Johar in ‘My Name is Khan, he made his Bollywood debut with ‘Student Of The Year and starred in it along with Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra.
5) Ishaan Khatter – Ishaan Kapoor made his Bollywood debut with Karan Johar’s ‘ Dhadak’ and he starred in it along with Janhvi Kapoor.
6) Shanaya Kapoor – She is one of the latest star kids to get a launch into Bollywood courtesy of Karan Johar. The name of her debut movie is ‘Bedhadak’.
7) Ibrahim Ali Khan – There are rumours that Karan Johar has taken the responsibility for the Bollywood debut of Ibrahim Ali Khan. He will make his Bollywood debut with the Hindi remake of South India’s superhit film ‘Hridayam’.