People meet that person in their life sometimes who leaves a mark on them and they remain special to them even when they are not together and out of their life. That person touches our soul and it becomes impossible to forget them. The sad reality of love is that it sometimes fades away and there are times when a relationship ends due to a lack of understanding and fights. Ending a relationship does not mean that you cannot stay in touch with your exes. Here are 10 Bollywood couples that taught how to remain friends after breakups:
1) Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma – They started dating each other after their first film together, Band Baaja Baaraat. Their relationship did not last long and they parted ways. They stopped being in touch with each other but make a comeback when they did Zoya Akhtar’s Dil Dhadakne Do. Their comfort level in the film proved that there is no awkwardness between the two.
2) Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif – They parted ways after a five-year-long relationship and they are still friends. She is often seen partying with Salman’s family and she attended Salman’s sister, Arpita Khan’s wedding in 2014. There is no sign of animosity between them.
3) Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone – Things were messy after their breakup but today things have changed for the better. Deepika agrees that they have moved on and are in an amazing phase which is better than when they were in a relationship.
4) Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra – They fell in love while shooting for their film, Kaminey. The couple soon broke up. Even after the breakup, Shahid and Priyanka have always been cordial and friendly with each other. Shahid was one of the first actors to reach Priyanka’s residence when her father passed away.
5) Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor – They maintained a distance from each other for almost seven years. Kareena made an overture and greeted him during IIFA 2014. Kareena revealed that Shahid told her about his marriage plans before he told the entire world.
6) Sangeeta Bijlani and Salman Khan – They were pretty serious about each other but they did not last long. Even though they broke up, their friendship remains quite strong. Sangeeta has been seen bonding with Salman’s family, especially his sisters– Arpita and Alvira.
7) Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea – They started dating after acting in the hit film, Raaz in 2002. The two broke up and moved on in the same year. Even though the two have been in a relationship with other people, their friendship remains undaunted. They make it seem easy for exes to remain friends.
8) Malaika Arora Khan and Arbaaz Khan – They got married after 5 years of dating. After their divorce, Malaika shares a cordial relationship with her ex-husband and calls him an integral part of her life.
9) Akshay Kumar and Pooja Batra – Akshay Kumar gave everyone a pleasant surprise when he made a special appearance at his ex-girlfriend Pooja Batra’s movie screening Mirror Games. The couple were rumoured to be dating each other late back in the 90s. They have moved on in life and are still friends with each other.
10) Farhan Akhtar and Adhuna Bhabani – The couple shocked everyone when they divorced. There was no hint of any turmoil in their relationship but they amicably ended 16 years of marriage. Adhuna found love again in Nicole Morea. When Adhuna took a picture of herself and her boyfriend and shared it on Instagram, her ex-husband commented on the picture. This just shows that friendship is possible even after divorce.
Also Read | Who is Vijay Deverakonda’s girlfriend?