It is no secret that in Bollywood, the male actors get good and heroic roles whereas the actresses end up as mainly arm candy. It is the same for their paychecks. Pay disparity based on gender exists not only in the corporate and business sector but also in Bollywood. It is no secret that Bollywood male actors have always been paid more than their female co-stars. However, there is an exception to every rule. Sometimes the opposite also becomes true. Here are 5 Bollywood actresses who got paid more than actors:
1) Alia Bhatt – Alia is a versatile actress who is very good at her job. She charges Rs 22 crore per film. She got Rs 10 crore for Raazi while her co-star Vicky Kaushal got paid Rs 4 crore for the film.
2) Kareena Kapoor Khan – After giving birth to her son, Kareena made a comeback with Veere Di Wedding and Good News. For Veere Di Wedding, she was paid more than all her co-stars including Sumeet Vyas who charged Rs 80 lakh. She was paid Rs 7 crore for the movie.
3) Shraddha Kapoor – Shraddha charges around Rs 23 crore per film. She was paid Rs 7 crore for Stree and she was paid more than Rajkummar. She was also paid more than Sushant Singh Rajput for Chhichhore who charged Rs 5-7 crore for the film.
4) Deepika Padukone – Deepika is one of the highest-paid actresses in Bollywood. She charges Rs 26 crore per film and she was paid around Rs 12 crore for Padmaavat whereas her co-star Ranveer Singh got Rs 7-8 crore for the movie. Amitabh Bachchan also said that Deepik
a was paid more than him for Piku.
5) Kangana Ranaut – She was paid more than Rajkummar Rao for Judgementall Hai Kya. The actress charges Rs 27 crore per film whereas Rajkummar gets Rs 7-9 crore for a movie. There were reports that the actress was paid more than Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan in Rangoon.
Also Read | From Arjun Kapoor – Anshula Kapoor to Sara Ali Khan – Ibrahim, expensive gifts B’town siblings gave each other on Rakhi
At FreshTalk, we aim to provide our readers with the Latest Bollywood News in India. That’s how the brand was born. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for regular updates.