Deepika Padukone has been on the top of her game for many years and she has a lot of blockbuster films to her name. She is the undisputed queen of Bollywood at the present moment and she has delivered back-to-back superhits movies with her incredible acting skills and memorable performances. She has always been on the right track by choosing the right scripts where she had gotten good roles which made her a famous and successful actress. However, there are some movies that she had to reject due to various reasons. Although these movies had good possibilities of being blockbusters, she decided to move on and take up new projects instead. Here are 5 movies rejected by Deepika Padukone that later turned out to be great hits:
1) Dhoom 3- This was the biggest franchise of Bollywood and any actress would be glad to be a part of it. Deepika turned down the offer due to prior work commitments and Dhoom 3 saw Katrina Kaif as Kamli.
2) Fast and Furious 7- This could have been the biggest film of her career but Deepika chose Chennai Express and Ram Leela over the most popular franchise. Though these two films turned out to be superhits so she did not make a mistake by choosing these films.
3) Kick- Deepika is one of the few actresses who never starred opposite Salman Khan. After she rejected the project, Jacqueline Fernandez was signed for the movie which turned out to be a huge grosser at the box office.
4) Jab Tak Hai Jaan- Although, there was good chemistry between Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif the audience thinks that Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone would have had better chemistry and done a better job in the movie.
5) Prem Ratan Dhan Payo- Deepika had to turn down the offer to work in such a big film because she was already involved in Bajirao Mastani.
Also Read | 6 Bollywood celebs who have their own production house
At FreshTalk, we aim to provide our readers with the Latest Bollywood News in India. That’s how the brand was born. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for regular updates.